Qianlong vase need help here

Started by Ingkiong84, Mar 03, 2018, 21:05:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Ingkiong84

Can help me if this vase is from qianlong imperial period or modern intimidation. The seal looks quite different.

Ingkiong84

Peter, can you help me identify this vase?

peterp

Can  you upload a picture showing the base, especially the foot rim, close up. Also a partial close picture of the decoration at the neck might help.

Ingkiong84

Ingkiong84

bokaba

This looks like one of many fakes being made in China today. The quality of the decoration is very poor for either the Qianlong or Republic period it is trying to emulate. It also looks like the same back drop from the same seller selling other fakes. It is usually a pretty good clue that an item is fake when all or most of the seller's other items are fake.

Bokaba

peterp

T??? is not a common item. My position on this item type is that it has to either be made by the official kiln, or it is a modern fake.
If you look at the gilt decoration, specifically the leaf ribs  and other fine lines on the neck, as an example, you will see that they are irregular in width, etc. That is a painting quality that differs from official kiln wares (imperial ware) of the reign indicated by the mark. Therefore, the conclusion would be that it is a later product, made after the Qing dynasty.

Ingkiong84

Thx all. I also think its modern fake because in qing dynasty? the peach size is extremely big and the vase shape also not common in qing dynasty. The mark also carve type and it usually in seal stamp.