Please help ID and appraise porcelain vase

Started by Omlove5, Dec 23, 2017, 05:59:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Omlove5

GREETINGS!~

I just uncovered a porcelain vase inherited from my grandfather.

12? in height

Seeking identification for this vase to help better appraise the price to auction it at.

Can anyone help identify its calligraphy, its era, value for auction?

Here are some pictures...

Thank you!

williamh

It looks japanese. Maybe Stan can help you to identify it.

bokaba

The cobalt blue is typical for the late 19th/early 20th Century. This is a satsuma trumpet vase marked something and "zan." The intricacy of the artwork does not look that great, so probably not that rare.

Bokaba

Omlove5

Hello!

Thank you both for chiming in and sharing helpful information about this vase.

From what I gather, this is a vase most likely made from Japan, handpainted porcelain, during the Late 19th - Early 20th Century. 

And with the level of intricacy showcased in its artwork, compared to other vases in the market, as seen on eBay, I would estimate this vase?s market value to possibly range somewhere between the numbers of  $35-125.

Is this a fair estimate for this vase?

I look forward to reading any responses that aid in navigating what may be a suitable asking price or auction starting bid.

With Great Gratitude,

Jamil

Stan

Hi Omlove, these photo's are to small to judge, is there a crackle in the glaze and is that the real color of the bottom? could you post better pictures best when taken next to a window under natural light, not directly in the sun light but next to a window, a picture of the whole bottom at an angle to best view the foot and a couple of photo's showing the decoration close up and one of the gold, these photo's should be clear, the mark looks like it could be Seizan,