Little Cup with worm holes on bottom

Started by Brattso, Oct 01, 2017, 07:46:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Brattso

Hello
  This is one piece I have always thought was a true antique.  If I am wrong I will quit looking for items lol
Can you tell me about it
Thank you

I have posted it before I believe but dont recall a response

peterp

These pictures are too bad and no details are visible. You should provide better ones, and some closeup shots. It would not even be possible to check if this is printed, with these.

Stan

Hi Brattso, this looks like a copy of canton blue, same pattern, the canton blue would be Chinese export, this however looks to be republic to me 1912-1949,

Brattso

Hi Stan and Peter
Thank you both for answers.  Reason I believe this cup was old was because it has little worm holes on bottom mostly, but also has randomly over whole cup.  Peter I tried to take better pictures but quite frankly I suck taking photos.  Here are some better ones i hope. 
Thank you for help ????????????????????????????????????

Brattso

Forgot the bottom and stamp onside the cup ????????????????????

Stan

Hi Brattso, this looks like more like Qing dynasty to me with these pictures, see how important good photo's are, the worm holes are called pitting or small dimples.

Brattso

Thank you Stan
  Yes I do realize how important pictures are now.  Im going to take pictures outside from now on.  Can i ask what the stamp says.  Also is crackling on china a sign of age also or just poorly made?
Thank you ????????????????????????????????????????????

Stan

Hi Brattso, Im not sure what the mark is, these are Chinese export and most of it before 1865 never marked until after 1865 it became mandatory to mark the origin of the item but I'm not even sure this is a mark, perhaps a closer picture of that would be in order, crackle is a form of age but not on all porcelain, some porcelain the crackle is induced like Fangge ware, crackle that is from age is very noticeable and is not uniform, usually in some places on the porcelain and in different shapes and sizes, not all the same size and on porcelain that has age the crackle will have noticeable discoloration in the cracks, however this can be faked as well.

Stan

Sorry Brattso, I mixed up my dates, I believe it was around 1880-1890 that export marks became mandatory.

Brattso

Hi Stan
  Sorry for my delay had to take care of family matters.  I will try to get a better picture of the stamp its inside the cup so it will be hard to get real close.  Thank you for the information I appreciate your help.
I'm posting somethings I just got I think the are unique items.  When I locate cup ill post a picture
Thank you again
Brattso