older porcelain or a recent fake

Started by Stan, Sep 26, 2017, 03:48:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

Hi Peter, I purchased this at an auction and this came with several blue and white vases, I wanted the lot for one vase but as I looked more closer at this vase it appears to have age, I know that everything can be faked these days, color, shape and age signs, this is laking scratches or ware, your expertise is appreciated, thanks.

Stan

Here are more photo's to view, I forgot to mention the size is 27.9 cm tall, thanks again.

peterp

Hi Stan,
Very nice item. This is a temple jar with the lid missing. If there was only a ring or a four character Kangxi mark (or none) I would say superior quality export, but not sure if this is export porcelain at all. I cannot make up my mind if it is Kangxi or Kangxi revival period because there are no design features which clearly indicate which. The lighting is also not ideal to tell if it is late Qing or early 18th century, but no matter which it is, the whole design of the decoration seems to be beyond the average export quality. This is a good Chinese taste decoration. Congratulations, good find.

Stan

Thanks Peter, using the blue colors in your E-book the 18th century blue matches, my photo's are not portraying the exact blue color, thanks again.

Stan

Here is a photo that is more closer to the actual color.

peterp

It is not the chemical pigment blue used in late Qing items.