Miniature vase

Started by arnebraat, Aug 25, 2017, 16:46:44

Previous topic - Next topic

arnebraat

This pretty miniature vase I got arund 1995. It is only 7 cm high. Is this from the 1940's or newer?
Best regards
Arne

Stan

Hi Arnebraat, the pictures are to small to see detail, but what I can see, the high polished gold top rim and the bottom makes me think much later 2nd half of the 20th century, a close up of the writing would confirm this also of the faces, thanks.

arnebraat

Hi Stan, I'll post a couple of better pics tomorrow. Then it will be daylight here in Norway and with a proper camera I hope to make better pics.
Best regards
Arne

arnebraat

I hope these two pics will be of some help.
Best regards
Arne

heavenguy

This is recent in my opinion...

Stan

This is not traditional Chinese antique porcelain, I agree with heavenguy this is modern, the question is how modern, are the characters used simplified Chinese, if so it would be from the 60's onward, but with the faces and decoration 4th quarter of the 20th century in my opinion, Peter will verify if simplified characters were used.

arnebraat

Hi Stan,
If this item not is made to look older, could the stamp in the bottom indicate when it was made?
Best regards
Arne

Stan

Most marks are spurious, and so it is the last thing we look at, if everything else lines up with at certain period including the mark then it probably is from the period, the pictures you posted are to small, so on my side I can't even see the mark it is that small and I ware bifocals X bifocals on top of that but it looks like a Qianlong mark that has been stamped and the bottom is not a traditional bottom from the republic period, also as I mentioned earlier the high polished gold rim at the top would make this a later made item, the Chinese Characters also could be another clue that it is from a later period.

arnebraat

Thank you for your educational comments. I learn something new every time.
Best regards
Arne