Imperial yellow. Tongzhi mark

Started by Claudio, Dec 20, 2016, 19:12:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Claudio

Hi Peter and Stan,

Today I'd want to show you one of my best pieces (if authentic). This time I took the pictures with with a smartphone because it gives a better color rendering in comparison to the reflex, but the wide angle distorts the image. H cm. 19.

Thank you!

www.dropbox.com/s/7zeqsh0wckwdgn0/20161220_105028.jpg?dl=0
www.dropbox.com/s/e1483iw96jbq7zy/20161220_105005.jpg?dl=0
www.dropbox.com/s/sj2w3yf12djhpz6/20161220_104936.jpg?dl=0
www.dropbox.com/s/103squwbas3pnk3/20161220_104859.jpg?dl=0
www.dropbox.com/s/um6kvqy591y1tmh/20161220_104842.jpg?dl=0

carlyoung

There was a glut of these style of pieces produced in the 1980's I understand, but to the untrained eye looking at a photo then it could be right , good to hear Peter's opinion.

carlyoung

I am just not convinced about the colour of the yellow and I don;t think the decoration is as good quality as an Imperial piece would be.

heavenguy

Claudio

Thank you heavenguy and carlyoung. So it has been a wrong purchase.

Stan

Hi Claudio, could you post a photo of the whole vase.

peterp

You have to look at the details of the dragon too, but in my view the pristine bottom and mark look not as if they were of the period.

Claudio

Thank you Peter and Stan. Sure Stan, tomorrow morning I'll post more photos. Peter, if not of the period and not imperial, could it be considered a very good early replica?

billbilly

I have to see an extreme close up of the yellow.

Claudio

Hi Stan, here the photo of the whole vase, the color is not totally realistic.

Claudio

Hi billibilly, two close up of the vase.

Stan

Thanks for the additional photo's, I agree with Carlyoung's assessment of age, the two additional photo's of the color show to many spots, they look like they were added to to give the impression of age.

Claudio

Thank you for your answer Stan, but the spots are corpuscles of dust, I have removed them now with a rag. The close up is very strong, so I didn't notice them before taking the pictures. Sorry, I should have cleaned the vase before show it to you. Stan, I found a mark very similar to this one in a lot sold at Christie's in 2010, may I post the link? Maybe it could testify in favour of the vase ?. Regards.

Stan

Hi Claudio, if you want you can post the web address here and then we can go directly to the site our self, I hope I am not speaking out of place,  I think that is the way that it is allowed on this site. BTW that has happened to me several times taking closeup pictures, even glue residue from old lapels make it look distorted or in your case spots.

Claudio

Thank you Stan. Here is the link:

www.christies.com/lotfinder/Lot/a-famille-rose-yellow-ground-magpie-dish-tongzhi-5348131-details.aspx