Blue and white bottle. Kangxi revival?

Started by Claudio, Dec 14, 2016, 04:25:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Claudio

Hi once again Peter,
I apologize for bothering you so frequently these days, but I'm pretty concerned about the authenticity of my collection and knowing the truth relieves my anxiety ????. In you I found the reliable expert I had been looking for  for a long time. I'd like to get your thoughts on this bottle, h cm 26, sunset light . Guangxu period? Thank you in advance.

Claudio

More photos

Claudio

More photos

Claudio

carlyoung

This one looks o.k for Guangxu for me . The dragon seems right

peterp

Hi Claudio, I am unable to check the mark and clouds, which I am not sure about, as I am away in Europe right now. I will only be back and able to check my books in January.
Looks as if it was 19th century. How does the tip of the (dragon) tail look? Note also the four-clawed dragon and type of scales, which could mean it is slightly earlier than the Guangxu reign.

Not sure if the spiral shaped clouds appear on the usual export porcelain to the west, but I would recommend to check also on Bleu de Hue porcelain (export to Vietnam). That type has peculiar clouds seldom used in China, and if these are the same, you might have Bleu de Hue porcelain of the 19th century.

Check itemsin a web site that exclusively lists items from auctions and reliable sources. It has some examples of Bleu de Hue porcelain:
www.alaintruong.com

Claudio

Peter and Carlyoung, thank you for your answers.
Welcome to Europe Peter! You hit the bull's eye as always, even without your books. I visited the website you indicated to me and I cecked some auctions results too. I think it's without any doubt a Bleu de Hue bottle, also because the uncommon longevity mark, as now I can see, seems on the contrary very usual in this production.

Stan

Hi Claudio, in all your photo's the blue looks like it has a purplish hue, is that the real purple blue color or is it blue without any purple, I know for my self taking pictures can be difficult to capture the right blue, sometimes pain staking to get the correct color, if it does have purple it could only be 20 century at the most.

Claudio

Hi Stan, thank you for your input, I didn'know this important rule and I'll remember it when I'll buy in future. Luckily the color is totally blue, the reddish tone that transform in the photo blue in purple is due to the warm sunset light.

Stan

I know it is easier to get the true blue to come out under natural sunlight than with artificial light, I can at least get it right but it still is a chore for me.