Yellow Chinese Vase

Started by bokaba, May 15, 2016, 04:50:21

Previous topic - Next topic

bokaba

Any information on this vase? It is about 12 inches tall and features cameos of 4 women on it.

Stan

To get a better Idea of what you have could you post a photo of the entire bottom at an angle also close up pictures of any age signs and of the detail, this is a must for evaluation.

bokaba

Here are a couple more. I will need to wait for Photobucket to come back online so I can upload the base.

Stan

Why can't you post a picture of the bottom like you did these photo's.

bokaba

Here is the bottom.

Stan

Thanks for the additional photo's, this is late 20th century in my opinion, the foot and the mark look fairly recent.

bokaba

Thanks Stan. The tight enamel work and cameo paintings caught my eye compared to the usual low-quality work I see in modern fakes. I agree there is not much ware to the foot. Do you have any information about the mark?

Stan

I could not the mark in my books, maybe Peter can tell you what the mark means.

peterp

This is not the usual zhuanti style found on marks. The first two characters could be Guang Hua  ?  Pin, but not sure. It is a modern mark.

Hmm

Not very good at reading Zhuanti, but, the first character is probably shou, ?.  The second character, maybe ??  Third character is probably ? an alternative form of writing ?, and the fourth character pin???

I also think it looks new for what it's worth.

bokaba

Thank you for your responses. I have one more question. Most of the modern pieces and fakes I have seen have very poor quality enamel work. Is the decoration on this vase some type of transfer or is it hand-painted?

Stan

It is hard to tell with these photo's but my guess is that it is a combination of printing and hand painting.

peterp

To Hmm - I am pretty sure the first one is ?. I have checked it with a zhuanti computer font (see image below). The first is ? , the second  is ? .
But I can not get the zhuanti characters for the other two, the font set seems incomplete.