HELP ID MARK ON HUNDRED BUTTERFLY COLLECTION

Started by pumpkin, Jun 30, 2015, 22:47:11

Previous topic - Next topic

pumpkin

I have this hand painted hundred butterfly 3 piece collection. It is definitely hand painted. It feels like porcelain and it has a very light blue hue to it. I need help to translate the mark not the bottom. All 3 have the same mark. I can't find a vase with the same shape and I can't find the other 2 pieces at all any where online. I also can't find any info on the mark or even another mark that looks like it anywhere online. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

peterp

The mark literally says "Pottery Kiln Made". Does this help you?
Anyway, from the look of these pictures a more recent product.

pumpkin

If its modern how come i can't find any pieces or marks like it any where online? also some of the strokes in the mark are the same as "real" dynasty marks. So, is that all the mark translates to?

peterp

It is recommended to read about "Marks" in the main site first, before coming to conclusions.
This page is especially made for those thinking they can use Chinese marks for identification or dating.
www.chinese-antique-porcelain.com/china-marks.html

pumpkin

I already read that page before I ever even became a member of this website so please don't insult me and I wasn't trying to use that Mark to date anything I simply said I couldn't find another Mark like it online  and that some of the strokes looks similar to the "real" dynasty marks.

peterp

No offense meant. It is just that we get inquiries from people who don't bother to look at the information, so just wanted to point you in the right direction.
And no, there is nothing resembling reign marks. Apart from the last character you will find none of them in any other marks. The character style is clearly from the second half of the 20th century too. The mark is for decoration only.