Qianlong Dynasty Chinese Export Punch Bowl with Hunting Scene

Started by mikelv85, Feb 27, 2014, 18:03:07

Previous topic - Next topic

mikelv85

Hi Peter,
          I thought you might like to see this ! I value your opinion even though I already know it's authentic. It was on the Asian art forum so you may have seen it.  Bill Harwood first looked at it for me.
  What a great find from my thrift store treasure hunting last Summer. I'm considering sending it to New York for an Asian art auction in April at "Lark Mason Galleries". Very nervous about the whole packing and mailing process. Mr. Mason authenticated and appraised it for me and asked if I'd like to include it in his upcoming auction . I've seen him on "Antiques Roadshow" and I was really thrilled to talk to him. It's had some very early restoration which is starting to flake away in the bottom, showing the crack. I don't know the extent of the damage but I was told it's a single crack from base to the rim and if I were to use a black light you could see it. Still "rings" like a bell though so it was a quality repair. Part of me wants to keep it but it needs to go to a good home were it can be appreciated and not stored away in a box for fear of damaging it. -Mike-