kutani vase

Started by Stan, Mar 10, 2015, 02:06:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

Hi Peter, I know that this is Kutani, but I can not find the the same mark on the left top side, could you tell me the name that is written, thanks

peterp

Stan

Thanks Peter, I will see if I can find anything on that name, I never have heard of kinzan before, but I will post what I find, thanks again.

Stan

This is what I found out, this is also called Kinzangama, game meaning kiln is a pottery located in Takando, Komatsu city in Ishikawa prefecture, they have been around for about 100 years and are still producing some of the finest Japanese porcelain today, as a matter of fact Yoshita Yukio is the fourth generation of potters and is considered a living National Treasure, they have been producing multicolored over glazed painting porcelain ware, and Kinrande, or gold-painted porcelain, with this bing signed Kinzan, I think would date this from 1931 to 1951, I am going to post 12 more photos so you can see the quality, the vase is 12" high and all hand drawn, the detail is matchless to none. P.S Thanks Peter for all your Help in my research.

Stan

Here are more photo's to view, I believe that this is called a Kenrande style.
Peter in photo 5 jpg can you tell me what the 2 characters say, thank you.

Stan

Here is the last set of photo's to view, thanks for viewing.