Famiile Rose Floor Vase Mark

Started by Kaaren B., Aug 26, 2024, 21:26:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaaren B.

I have been having huge difficulty loading this site over the last few days, and could not get another photo into the original topic, as I kept getting Timed Out error messages. Just so you know that I haven't been ignoring the request for the mark - but, at last, here it is. KB

Stan

Hi Kaaren, this is a spurious Qianlong mark.

Kaaren B.

So I suspected as I said in the original posting on the vase. My guess was mid-20th century, as well, as the family of the yard sale in which I found it said their mother had brought it to the US from China in the 1950s.

I have other stuff with that same spurious mark. It must be the most overused one in existence. It is also under the small vase I have that is so glaringly glossy and bright that it might have been made last week. :)

Stan

I think the most common is the Qianlong mark in the Zhuanshu script which consists of 6 marks, but I have seen many like yours, these would be Imperial marks and at that time some of the best pieces were made and made so well that they look like items made today, so we can't go just by mark but if you look at Imperial porcelain the enamels are perfectly painted, it is like night and day, but there are some fakes that are so good that they can fool the best appraisers.

Kaaren B.

Thanks, Stan. Perhaps I'll put the garish one up with its gilt handles just for educational purposes. :)