Celadon "bronze" vase

Started by T. Chan, May 13, 2014, 02:35:54

Previous topic - Next topic

T. Chan

Dear Peter,
I have a celadon "bronze" vase. I think this could be new, Republic or late Qing probably, but I could be wrong. Could you help me identify it?
Your help highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Regards,
T. Chan

fazli2810

i think this is late ming/early qing from foot rim

sorry if iam wrong

T. Chan

Hi Fazli, well, I have little knowledge about foot rim. Your guess could be right. Hope to hear from others about this. Thanks.

moska

This is a fake , the glaze is modern , isn't it ?

T. Chan

Hi Moska,
No idea. But it looks old. Thick but not that heavy. Should wait for the more experience ones to comment on this.

peterp

My personal view is that both foot rim and glaze are suspicious. The latter is not smooth enough, the former looks as if it was "treated". The glaze looks a bit rough. Normally, after firing this should be all smooth.

T. Chan

Yes you are right Peter. The glaze is not smooth. I am suspicious about this too. But it looks old. And the surface of the glaze looks as if the glaze is very thick and almost spongy form when look under magnifier.

Anthony

It looks suspicious. The glaze did not aged naturally. Looks like a modern reproduction.

Anthony

Every time when see you a similar object sold at higher than usual price; there will be ten of thousand of newly made related objects out there. I believe it is a reproduction with intention to deceives.