large bowl

Started by tex77007, Apr 13, 2014, 03:18:07

Previous topic - Next topic

tex77007

hi I have a large bowl that I would like to find out about.  I bought it at a goodwill 30yrs ago and have always wondered how old it really is.  here are a couple of pictures that I've taken of the bowl

peterp

The mark and foot rim decoration are obviously transfer printed.
This means it is probably a few decades old at the most. Transfer printing started relative late in China.

Stan

The problem with porcelain like this is it could have been made yesterday, even though you have had it for 30 years, it has little collecting value, my personal view.

tex77007

OK well I was going on peterp comment.  so stan you don't think it has any value.  does anyone else have an opinion.  I would love to hear it.  thanks to everyone who has replied to this ad

peterp

I agree with Stan. Please also note that there is no closeup picture allowing to make sure if the rest of the decoration is also printed. The value of porcelain comes from the demand for handpainted decorations. To my knowledge there are no collectors of transfer printed Chinese porcelain, so those items have little collecting or monetary value.