Blanc de Chine Vase

Started by alliececilr, Dec 05, 2015, 09:26:26

Previous topic - Next topic

alliececilr

Hello.  I found this interesting thinly potted vase.  It has hand painted pictures under glaze inside the vase.  One is a dragon and the other is another mythical figure I do not recognize.  There are symbols too.  The light shines through the vase and you are able to see pics inside.  I am not sure about the age or whether it is Chinese.  It has an unusual mark on the bottom.

alliececilr

Pics of inside vase.

alliececilr

Picture of foot.

Stan

These photo's are to small to view, I can't see detail, age signs.

alliececilr

Hi Stan.  I have a new iPhone which I have tried but I am having difficulty reducing the size of images.  If I go bigger than these photos the web site will not accept them.  I will try some new apps and figure it out.  I will repost later along with my umbrella stand.  Busy time of year for teachers.  I will try on the weekend.  Thanks for responding.

peterp

If we would allow the large images digital photography produces nowadays, server space would be used up in a very short time.

The image size allowed by this size is sufficient for viewing on a computer screen. Try to increase size to 100-150kB per image, or a width of 700-800. This is sufficient for viewing details, if the picture is of normal quality.
As there is a limit to the overall image size per post, you can add another post.