Large blue white Chinese charger

Started by Oninoakuma, Apr 10, 2015, 14:05:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Oninoakuma

Hello, after romping around here a bit you have some very helpful and knowledgeable people. Nice to see. I have another for you guys. This charger is 15 1/2" in diameter. Has an impressed mark that is practically illegible. Has good age marks, stress, use marks in front glaze, rust. Help with age, maker value if possible.

Stan

Hi Oninoakuma, you need to post a close up picture of the foot at an angle, it looks like there is an impressed mark on the bottom also a close up of the impressed mark, these pictures need to be clear the one of the foot should show the out side of the foot and part inside at an angle, thanks.

Stan

The reason for the close up of the foot at an angle is, on the out side of the foot, on the earlier chargers it was sloped from the foot to the charger, not straight up and down like the later 20th century ones.

Oninoakuma

That impressed mark is really unable to be read. I have been trying, but ill get you those photos.

Oninoakuma

I did not get a photo, but the slope you mentioned is definitely there. About a 115 degree angle. I cannot get a photo of the impressed mark that is viable.

Stan

Its more than likely to be late 19th century.