Meiping vase

Started by robertoreigosamndez, Mar 02, 2015, 22:53:42

Previous topic - Next topic

robertoreigosamndez

Well is not to easy, look the photos, is around 60 cm tall ad one of a pair, nobody help me with a date, neither profesional, neider old owner that do not know anything, only that this pair come from Philipinas when they are Spanish, aroun the last years of the 19th century, A good signal is that he do not try to get a good price, I buyed a lot of old furniture in his home an the vases came free. Wath do you think.....regard ad happy new year

robertoreigosamndez

It's only for add one photo, the vade was made y three parts, is easier to see in hand but I 'm sure you cold see something in this UV photo, in the botton you can see many chatter marks, and there are a lot of falts in the glazed, but I'm not sure it's necesary show them. Regards

Stan

I doubt that this is Chinese, it is not traditional by any means, if it is Chinese it would be a new creation.

robertoreigosamndez

Well, first  I was sure it coul be bietnamese, but, nothing similar apairs, then japanese, they didn't use the meiping shape, and them I find this, som in monochrome and relive and some in blue and waigth, all octogonal, the same month and lips, and just a copy in the motives presents in the surface, I'm sure it is chinese, and I'm not pretty sure it coul be a actual creation, thanks and regards

peterp

Unfortunately, the decoration is not very clear, possibly due to the lighting. I thought first if it (the decoration) could be Persian or something from the Near East.
Anyway, based on other factors I would think it is a more recent item. The decoration on the shoulder, near the neck looks as if it was copying a Yuan dynasty feature, but it is upside down. It could not possibly be Yuan, though. Such white items and complex decorations would perhaps be possible in the Qing dynasty. I would check if the item was made in a mold. The vertical lines at the octagonal neck and mouth are much too pronounced for hand forming.
The bottom looks as if it was 20th century, though. My personal view.

robertoreigosamndez

Thanks Perter
Like I told you is provably the lote come to this country 1880 and 1920, is dificul to say, I saw the antique photos of the militar familiar primitive owner of this tinks, and I'm not sure in the date, aront the fist years of 20th century. more os less. All this dish came from an old chest, a lot of them...jejeje....The meiping vases are handmade there are not seam, I'm used with yixing tea pots....and you can see the three parts used to mount the pieces, the other vase of the pair have a lot of rus in the botton, orange rust, but mixed with glazed, I'll put an photo, The res of the dish, I'm goin to sell some of them, and, if you coud say wath of then are best to put in my collection and  not sell I'll be quite gratefull. Well the later date we can obseve is 1920, and provabli 1900, is all I can tell you at the moment, About the meiping decoration, you are in reason is quite dificult take photos with the ligth and the glazed, in them you can see a cock figth and a grasshopper in the meadel of forest....regards