ming dynasty bowl

Started by tonny joeswanto, Sep 07, 2014, 04:00:48

Previous topic - Next topic

tonny joeswanto

Ming dynasty bowl with turtle motif. The dimension 15 cm/D repair condition on the mouth rim.

Need opinion and new owner

Stan

The crackle in the glaze was made that way, its not from age, I think this bowl is a fake, recently made

tonny joeswanto

This kind of bowl is  wanli export to southeast asian market. Can you tell me the detail exept glaze and base to detect the fake or not..? Mr stand. Regard from Indonesia.

There were wanli export keramik type. Kraak style erope export, minyao style for southeast asian export. All the export activity must through the indonesian water  after the silk road was ended because unstable situation. So many artefact from tang-qing dynasty found in indonesia. Because chinese has sattled in Indonesia since Tang dynasty era..( Mahuan the poet of Yunglo era repported the chinese In Majapahit..Cheng he journey)..:)

Stan

I do not see any ware to the bottom and the repair looks like it was done to give the appearance of age.

tonny joeswanto

Please see the repair section on yellow chip and hairline..:)..

Thanks for the opinions..Mr Stan

peterp

I have seen several such bowls before. Personally I think there is a good chance that this is genuine Ming dynasty. The crackles seem to be from the break.
However, this is not related to Kraak or export porcelain at all.