Bowl with Cup, Unmarked, Possibly Korean?

Started by Kaaren B., Sep 12, 2024, 03:07:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaaren B.

This very pretty bowl and cup came to me this weekend, and are unmarked. To me, they look as if they might be Korean in origin?

Very light delicate porcelain. I suspect the designs are transferware. If they are, would that be a sign of the age of the set?

Any information appreciated. Kaaren

Stan

I would put these in the second half of the 20th century, they look like they are transfer ware, you can magnify and see if you see dots in the decoration, if so it is printed.

Kaaren B.

Thanks, Stan. I thought it looked like transfer ware with those edges. Any idea of national origin or is too generic? KB

Stan

Hi Kaaren, these could have been made anywhere, sometimes they will show up later with a makers mark or some other marks telling where it was made, or someone else might know where they are from, put the decoration certainly looks Western.

Kaaren B.

It was unclear to me, as the shape of the house in the back and the teacup handle seemed very Asian, but the dress of the people didn't. I hadn't seen anything quite like it. Thanks for input . . . possibly a Western idea of what "Asian" looks like. KB