Qing Dynasty Porcelain Inherited from my grandfather - Need help appraising it!

Started by banjobill, Aug 30, 2018, 14:26:26

Previous topic - Next topic

banjobill

Hello forum! I came across these pieces by my grandfather who was a 4 star general. I got an appraisal that these pottery pieces are possibly extremely valuable and in the upwards of tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars (especially the first one with two handles) so I thought I would get a second and perhaps, a third opinion. I also had them carbon dated by a government related Chinese carbon dating agency and they both proved to be genuine. Please take a look at the attached photos and share as much information as you know with me please! (Based on your experience and expertise I will compensate you accordingly and handsomely!)

These are the details I learned about these pieces although unsure how accurate the information may be. Also, I know the pictures are out of order but the 1st description is explaining the porcelain with the handles and the second description is explaining the long neck porcelain.

****Celadon with handles (Green Porcelain) from Qing (Ching/Xing) Dynasty****
-This celadon was coated with special color coat different from the ordinary celadon color. Made out of leaves from a special type of tree so the color is brighter than usual. (forgot the name of the tree)
-The appraiser told me that its hard to find celadons stamped on the bottom that shows which period it is from but this piece has an engraved stamp on the bottom that says its from the time period of Qianlong Emperor (1735-1796) of the Qing Dynasty.
-Most of the celadons have drawings painted over the porcelains or no drawings at all but this piece has a unique embossed decoration sculpted on all four sides.
-This piece has two handles which is supposedly more valuable than normal porcelains. And while most celadons are round, this one is rectangular in shape.
-There is not a single scratch, crack, or oxidation present on the surface.
-After carbon dating the piece, the certificate should prove its authenticity. The person also has a national certification of antique Chinese arts received by the Chinese government.

**** Long Neck Porcelain from early Qing (Ching/Xing) Dynasty ****
-This piece was made from early Qing dynasty but made in Song Dynasty style which makes this piece unique and valuable.
-This particular piece seems to be used by common citizens of the Qing Dynasty.
-There are drawings and poetry drawn on the bottle.
-Carbon dated proof of its authenticity by the same appraiser.

Once again, thank you for your time and if you can confirm the authenticity of these products and may know the possible value on these pieces please reply, PM, or email me!

PICTURES (photobucket album):

s1380.photobucket.com/user/banjobill1/library/?sort=3&page=1

peterp

>>I also had them carbon dated by a government related Chinese carbon dating agency and they both proved to be genuine.

Question, please: who said that carbon dating can be used for ceramics? Due to the nature of carbon dating it can only be used on carbon-based items, usually items of organic origin, meaning items grown in the flora and fauna of this planet. However, ceramic clays and glazes are made of all mineral or chemical based elements, which do not allow carbon dating.