Help NEEDED :)

Started by smadga123, May 16, 2014, 21:19:54

Previous topic - Next topic

smadga123

I got those two vases which i don't know anything about.
I was offered 1000$ for them and i am not sure if i should sell.
PLEASE, any info regarding the age and value range would be appriciated!
Height: 43.5 CM (17.1 inches)

HERE ARE SOME PHOTOS:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/101375336@N04/sets/72157644574726224/

Thank you so much!
Elad

Stan

The pictures you posted are to small and when you enlarge them they become blurry, if you could post a close up picture of the faces and  close ups of the detail, from what I can see it almost looks  like it was printed, if it was printed it could not be that old in my view.

Stan

One thing that I noticed it that the women's dress, red and green, in most of the late Qing and early republic the they would be red and blue, I don't know why but the colors look a little bright as well, I think that maybe an older vase late Qing and a newer painting on the an older vases.

Stan

Sorry after looking at the bottoms again they are made to look old, Im afraid that these are fakes, in my view.

smadga123

Dear Stan,
Thank you so much for your comments,
How come you see small photos? The photos are huge in flickr..
You just need to click each one and it will be displayed in full size.

Would love to hear some more opinions too!
Thank you guys.
Elad

Stan

Hi Smadga, I think that these vases are mid to late 20th century, the black lines of the faces look like they are printed, the bottoms are made to look old and the color of the women's dresses are not correct for antique porcelain in my opinion.

peterp

I would think about mid-20th century or third quarter. The enamel of the flowers on top might be from a later time, not sure. I would try and see if it is possible to clean the foot rim of this item. If it is, the rim might give a better picture of its age.