Yellow vase with 'emboss' birds and flowers

Started by T. Chan, May 14, 2014, 03:33:25

Previous topic - Next topic

T. Chan

Dear Peter and All,
I have a yellow vase with 'emboss' bird and flowers on it. And it has a Yongzheng year mark. This design is very strange to me. Is it the same period or more recent? Thank you.
Regards,
Taufan

Stan

This is a moping vase the mark is an apocryphal Yongzheng mark, the yellow color is not an imperial yellow, it would have been a lighter yellow and there appears to be no age signs, I thing this is also late 20th century.

Stan

Meiping vase, not moping, I hate the automatic spell checker.

T. Chan

Its ok Stan, but for me the spell checker is somewhat quite useful. :-)
Again, the yellow in the pic rather more orangey. I think It about 10-15% more orangey with little reddish. Because all pics are taken at night with the help of only one artificial light.
Yea Iam with you too about the age. But the question is: is there any design similar to this in Yongzheng era? Because I have never seen one like this before. That is the reason for me buying it. Weird isn't it? But now my view has changed totally :-)

(In day time is very difficult to connect to this site:-(  )

T. Chan

Oh yes I forgot to say, it has crackles almost the whole body. Very small crackles.
Here still managed to take a pic in shade. The color is exact.

Stan

Hi T Chan, much better photo, I think a hands on inspection would be the best way to authenticate your vase, the inside would be a big factor for authentication, lets see what Peter says.

T. Chan

New pics taken:-) the color is 100% the same now.

peterp

To me the colors are modern chemical colors from the late 20th century.

T. Chan

Yes, I have never seen such a design in Qing period. And now I know that the color is wrong too. Thanks Peter. I try to get rid of this if possible..