Teapot set and lamps

Started by akobaito, May 07, 2014, 14:00:26

Previous topic - Next topic

akobaito

Please help to i.d these items. Are they antique? rare? expensive? Thank you very much

Stan

Hi Akobaito, the lamp looks like Japanese dragon ware early 20th century, and the tea set I would say maybe vintage Chinese porcelain.

akobaito

Thank you Stan for your response. So sorry for my late reply. A brief history about the items, the couple who gave me these items said the items were with them for more than 20 years. They actually belong to the husband before they were married. Is there a way to authenticate these items? Do you have any ideas on the value of these items? Thanks so much for the info

peterp

The dragon decoration of the Chinese tea set is 1940s or 50s at the most. This is confirmed by the mark which is in a a style and uses one specific character which came into use in the late 50s/early 60s. Such "young" items are still plenty and you will have to wait another 30-50 years until they are antique. Non-antiques have limited collecting value in antique collector's eyes.

akobaito

Thank you very much PeterP for the info you gave me. I will keep these items and will pass on to my child. I am sure they will be his treasures. Thanks!