Helpt identifying eggshell porcelain bowl

Started by mcgov, May 02, 2014, 10:30:34

Previous topic - Next topic

mcgov

Hi
Hopefully you can identify this bowl that was my moms. Its very very thin and I don't know where she got it or if it has any value. Any information you can provide is appreciated. I've attached a photo, I have others but they are too large to submit.

Thank you

moska

Hi mcgov , it is a modern mark : Da Qing Qianlong Nian Zhi "Great Qing Qianlong Period Make". Tentative period 1950-75...

Stan

Hi Moska, could you send me a close up picture of the bottom foot rim at an angle so I can determine age, the dragon looks like it could be late Qing or early republic, the foot rim would confirm this, also a close up of the top edge, thanks.

peterp

The mark and central decoration are printed. And the outlines of the waves look as if they are printed too. Possibly only the filling colors were handpainted. Porcelain printing is something that started only later in the 20th century, in China, much later than Europe and Japan.

Stan

Your eyes are better than mine, from these pictures I could not tell that it is printed or hand painted, thats why I asked for close up pictures, but your right peter if it is printed that would be a later production made item, I was a little concerned about the shape  as well.

Stan

Sorry Moska, I did not see your comment, I  thought you posted the item, I think I need new glasses.