Identify china cups & saucers

Started by Maura, Nov 25, 2015, 03:56:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Maura

I have cups/saucers Qianlong Period size, two soup bowls, and a 21 cm x 11 1/2 plate with a  5 cm foot Oriental china that are over 60 years old. The colors are rust/orange, red almost burgundy shading to pink blue & green on white but not fine porcelain. There are 3 separate marks on each bottom that looks like 8's almost & a curly 7. There are heavier brush strokes of paint perhaps over the glaze. The figures and design seem European, woman and children in a walled garden theme with urns and lattice. More design in cameos inside the top of tea cup of children skipping rope etc and cameos of perhaps peonies.  Any information would be interesting and appreciated, however my pictures files are too large for this site.  Thank you

Stan

You can resize your photo's using your computers tools software.

Maura

Thank you Stan, working on how you do that.

peterp

If you use Windows there is a program coming with Windows called "Paint". Start this and load an image, then click 'Resize' and enter the required values. Save it when it looks right.

Maura

Thank you Stan and Peter
re: cups saucers Qianlong Period size, also two Oriental style soup bowls and a 21 cm x 11 1/2 plate with a 5 cm foot. Any information would be appreciated. The colors are rust/orange, red almost burgundy shading to pink, blue & green on white but not fine porcelain.There are heavier brush strokes of paint on the images that appear to be over the glaze. The figures and design seem European, woman and children in a walled garden theme with urns & lattice. More design inside the top of tea cup repeating the edge of the saucer. These have been in my family over 60 years  and possibly much longer which I could figure out if you know how old they are. Thank you again, Maureen 

Stan

Im thinking Chinoiserie, not Chinese.

Maura

Brilliant! You are right, found very similar colors, subject & heavy outline stroke in early 19th., Georgian English Antiques. Many Thanks, Maureen