Chinese Fish Bowl

Started by Roseystuff, Nov 02, 2015, 03:03:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Roseystuff

Hi, I am trying my best to learn what I can about collecting and selling Antique Chinese porcelain. I have recently purchased a few pieces that I would love to learn more about. The first is a very large porcelain Chinese fish bowl. The bowl is painted inside with gold fish and outside with several ornate enamel windows of scenes ranging from palace scenes to flowers and birds. It is marked on the bottom with red reverse characters and double border. I would be very grateful to hear from anyone who has any knowledge concerning the subject, era, value or other information related to this bowl. Thank you for taking the time to review this post. The bowl measures 14 1/2" tall by 17 1/2 across mouth and weighs approximately 25 - 30 pounds.

Stan

This is a copy of a Rose Medallion pattern, I think this would be late 20th century.

peterp

Latter half of 20th century.
Painting style, colors used, the mark (style and position) are not congruent with an antique. Also, this sort of carved seal mark is virtually unknown throughout ceramics history, and marks on the bottom are usually in the center.

Faces, eyes and hairdo all differ from those used on 19th century antiques.

Roseystuff

Thank you so much for as taking the time to explain your answer. Although somewhat disappointed in your conclusion, I am very grateful for the information.