Chinese (?) Pot and Vase - Identification? Valuation?

Started by aim, Oct 19, 2014, 23:14:25

Previous topic - Next topic

aim

Dear all,

I am new here in c-a-p forum and the reason I registered is that I recently inherited some Asian ceramic vases/pots from a close relative but i have no idea about how to identify and valuate them.
Before visiting physically experts (antique stores/galleries etc) I wonder if you could give me information about these products so I am not completely clueless and naive when I will visit experts.

The first one is a ceramic pot on a metallic frame. It measures about 35cm tall and 50cm wide. Unfortunately i do not have an image of its bottom side. However, based on info from my relative quite some years ago, this was given to her as a present by a antique store owner about 50 years ago and he had told her "not to ever consider to sell it". Do you think the reason he said that is more due to sentimental or monetary value?

The second one, is a vase about 40cm tall. For this one you can see the bottom side as well where there is a stamp/signature.

Could anyone comment on these and give me some information?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Alex

ps. In another post (due to file uploading limitation) i will upload another set of ceramics.

Stan

Hi Aim, one vase looks Japanese and the other Chinese, you should split them up, so that Chinese posts will be posted under Chinese Ceramics Discussion, and the other under other asian ceramics, also clear pictures of any age signs and bottoms showing good pictures of the foot rim and clear pictures of the decoration, these are necessary to determine age, as for value, that is not discussed here.