Chinese / Japanese / Thai (?) Vases - Identification? Valuation?

Started by aim, Oct 19, 2014, 23:23:03

Previous topic - Next topic

aim

In continue to my previous post "Chinese (?) Pot and Vase - Identification? Valuation?"  I would like to ask for the opinion and information of the community for 2 more articles.

The first one is a vase approximately 1meter tall that seems to be Japanese if I am not wrong.

Then, the second one is again a pretty tall vase (1m tall) and it is a set of 2. They are simple white vases (maybe they are new one as their glaze is flawless but definitely produced more than 50 years ago) with a golden decoration depicting a golden creature (something like a chameleon) which is moulded-shaped as part of the overall vase (it is not an addition on the vase). To me they look like Chinese or Thai..

Again, could you give me some information to help me identify/classify and even valuate? 

Thank you again for your time.

Stan

Hi Aim, the colorful vase is Japanese and the other looks like modern Chinese, for the record, you should split these up instead of posting them all on the same post, because the administration will  repost anything that is not Chinese under "other asian ceramics" on the Japanese vase the bottom would normally be marked with red character marks, it is necessary to post pictures of the bottoms on all vases and pictures of any age signs, these pictures will help to determine age, however value is not discussed here.