Amphora shape black mirror glazed vase.

Started by Stan, Sep 03, 2014, 01:45:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

Hi everyone, I have a vase, this was 1 of 3 that I purchased at a local auction, this is the last one to post if anyone is experienced with these type glazes please let me know what you think, the pictures are true to color, the bottom looks like it could be Kangxi period by the shape and color, I know that they also did this type bottom in the gauanxu period as well, but I do not think that the later guangxu period have this color footing and it looks older to me, please let me know what you think.

Stan

Stan

Stan

I just found one identical to this one on Christies under, A Large Chinese Mirror-black-Glazed Baluster Vase, the one on Christies is the same size and shape, on theirs the glaze at the bottom looks a little more sloppy than that on the one shown here on this site, but notice around the neck they both have this double embossed ring, the one on Christies is sale 5045 and lot 388.

tonny joeswanto

Baluster vase of qing dynasty. Good preserve by the former owner. What part of qing? Probably late 18th-mid 19th century.

Stan

Thanks tonny,  for confirming the age.