Chinese black mirror vase with Kangxi mark

Started by Stan, Aug 24, 2014, 01:05:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

Hi Peter and all, this is the vase that I purchased at the local auction, it measures 43.439 cm tall and 18.54 cm wide at the widest point, I have not been able to find a shape quite like this one however there is ware on the bottom foot that gives the impression of age.
This vase was made in 3 sections, measuring from the bottom up about 1/3 of the way is the first seam and the other seam can be found just under the neck, please let me know your expert opinion,  and thanks for everything Peter and viewers.

Stan

Here are more photo's, I will post one more set after, a total of 12 photo's.

Stan

Here is the last set, thanks for viewing.

Stan

Hi Peter I was wondering it you had a chance to look at this vase, it was hard trying to photograph the black glaze on a sunny day, if you need more pictures let me know.

peterp

Looks old, Stan, with good usage traces.
But, I could not tell for sure if this is Kangxi or late Qing. Somehow, the condition and shape of the foot rim makes me think late Qing, but not sure with this...
The mark, on the other hand looks like a period mark, but it is hardly imperial. There was only a short period in the early Kangxi reign when such a mark would have been possible, as the use of reign marks by private kilns was forbidden, later on.
Qing dynasty should be no problem.