Assistance with 2 vases 2nd vase post

Started by thinkfree, Aug 25, 2014, 08:59:13

Previous topic - Next topic

thinkfree

Hello if someone could please assist me with the identification/markings or any other helpful information of 2 vases I own. I have researched for many hours, but have had no success in finding any information on either vase. I would greatly appreciate any assistance! This the 2nd vase the 1st one is in my other post.

thinkfree

This vase also comes in a box with markings.

Stan

It has a Korean look to it, is it porcelain with black glaze or is it enamel on copper?

peterp

My first impression was that it looks like black lacquer ware. If the white dots are imbedded nacre, then it could be. Are you sure this is a ceramic item? If yes, then it is probably modern.

The box is a typical Japanese storage box. Even new items may have it. And, imported items may have it too.

thinkfree

Hello Peterp and Stan, thank you so much for helping me! The material is a thick I guess it is a lacquer material(I was going crazy trying to figure out the material thank you Peter!) I knew it was some sort of thick hard material, but I was not sure what it was considered. I would guess the design pattern is considered inlaid then? Would there possibly be anything else you both could tell me about it? I had purchased it a while ago from an auction so I did not find out the material until after the fact, I had thought it was porcelain or china or even metal like you had asked Stan. I am excited to hear if you both possibly know anymore about this vase!

Thank you both again,
Mandy

thinkfree

I am adding a couple of other photos so you can see the thickness at the rim and also closer up of the inlaid material. Oh I forgot that there is a size limit for the photos, so I will have to resize the photos before I can add them! I will add the extra photos first thing tomorrow!

thinkfree

I apologize for the delay of adding the extra photo's. I had to resize them before adding.

thinkfree

2 more, I now realized I should have cleaned the vase of dust before taking the photos!