Help identifying a plate

Started by NanHall, Mar 27, 2014, 08:51:48

Previous topic - Next topic

NanHall

I have been unable to find anything similar to this plate online. Any help determining worth would be greatly appreciated.

It is approximately 15" in diameter, has no mark, but five bats around the perimeter of the back. Came from Grandparents estate. We believe it was bought at auction in Chicago - possibly in the 40's. There is iridescent paint on the emblems in the center and the six around the outer area.

Thank you!

peterp

Overall the decoration seems to be from the 19th century, but this would need further confirmation. I have seen many elements of the decoration on late Qing dynasty porcelain, but usually, the plates are small and not so completely filled with decoration. This is a charger.
If you could upload images of the foot, incl. foot rim, and if possible some closeups (partial) of the decoration as well as the glaze on the bottom. Best is if any blemishes or age signs are clearly visible.

NanHall

Thank you. As you can see there is a chip out of the back that is approximately 3/4" wide.

peterp

Thanks for the additional pictures. 19th century should be no problem, in my opinion. Perhaps from the Daoguang reign.