Meiping with metal patterns, please help;)

Started by Aarre, Aug 02, 2014, 21:39:30

Previous topic - Next topic

peterp

Ah yes, I forgot to mention that...the metal pieces.
In old times, Chinese porcelain used metal fittings only to mend mend or modify damaged items, making them again usable.
How are the metal pieces supposed to be attached to the porcelain?  Modern glues were not available until far into the 20th century. Even European glues of the 19th century were very basic, some even containing cheese. Any fittings would need some mechanical way of attaching. It would require drilling of holes for each metal piece, which could effectively cause a leak in the vase.
But, this item looks as if the pieces were glued on.

Aarre

Hi....Fun and interesting ... material analysis I got more information, decoration blue color is cobalt / mg
and patterns of metal is silver! glass bead is attached to a thin copper rim. Carefully evaluate vase age of 100-200 years.
We take the structure of the layer still images / RTG, and find out how silver is attached to the structure.

Vase is not for sale or ...;))

peterp

What do you want to prove with the presence of cobalt?  All mineral pigments of blue contained cobalt, in China, even the early imported ones. I do not know if all or any  current chemical blue colors do contain any, but today it is much easier to get such pigments than in the past. Here almost every arts shop carries mineral pigments from China. You think the fakers would not get them?

Why do you not upload more images for inspection, especially closeup ones and a picture of the base? This is a futile exercise theorizing about authenticity with just two pictures.

Aarre

Peter please wait, I told earlier, the vase is now in the National Gallery in the laboratory and is being investigated. Right now I do not have to give more pictures sorryy.

Stan

Aarre,

Are you talking about a Theroluminescence test commonly known as the TL test for dating porcelain and testing its authenticity?

Aarre

Jep, First step, Scanning Electron Microscope and spectrum analyses and last taken TLC.
this order, because I want to know how this is made together with silver and pearls. Now the Hong Kong art museum examines the use of the object, very interesting;))

Stan

That is very interesting, please keep us up to date, thanks, BTW how much dose a test like that cost, if you don't mind me asking.

Aarre

Stan, the normal price of tests is approximately four hundred ? / test, including the preparation and the final report, but I hope this time I will pay one large cup of cappuccino;))

Stan

shelley Kong

I wonder if the HK museum is trying to prove whether it is fake or authentic, and if it's the former, to learn about faking methods.

Aarre

Yes....Chinese ceramic history and the tomb of artefact research is very young, the dynasty tombs lot more than one hundred and studied Tombos of a few perhaps more than ten pieces, so we can expect still a lot of new objects and patterns later....its intresting to...

Qst42know

How does anyone legally obtain items from a tomb?

And how can the metal be so clean and bright if that is where it came from?

Stan

Good question Qst42know it is a fact that silver will turn black over time.

Aarre

Dear Qst42...maybe you do not understand correctly, so many Chinese objects from around the world has been the timing and significance after the tomb of research has gone forward. Of course, the object does not robbed from tomb;))