Meiping with metal patterns, please help;)

Started by Aarre, Aug 02, 2014, 21:39:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Aarre

Now I have a question for you, this is a rare Meiping vase, metal coating and beads, if this is the tomb of a gift or tribute to the war? China, the six mark is Xuande. Picture attached.

Best Regards

Aarre

Collector from Finland

Stan

Hi Aarre, the Characters read Made during the Xuande ring of the great Ming dynasty, but the character from the left to right the third character is not written correctly, in my book it shows the mark with 2 squares and a line under it and yours clearly has 3 squares and a line, Im doubt full that this is even Chinese.

Aarre

Hello Stan!

Thank you for your comment, this character, I'm not inspected it yet in detail.
I am more interested in a vase intended use / production, is made of a type, or the tomb of the war, because of a tribute.

Below is one of the web page address, XuanDe mark

Best Regards

Aarre

http://www.teadust.com/edu/marks/MarksB.htm

Stan

Hi Aarre, everyone of the marks on the web site you gave is written correctly, except yours.

Aarre

Hi Stan thanks! You're absolutely right, right to left, the third character is different.

I'm more interested in the vase purpose, what is this made of? the tomb of a gift, a gift to the heads of the Chinese or Arabs, maybe?

peterp

With only a partial picture, how could we guess what it is for?

shelley Kong

From my limited knowledge, I feel that the painting of the star like flowers is not ancient and the bead studded style makes it look suspicious.

Aarre

Hi Selley! Style of painting is an ancient Chinese tree three friends in winter.

Aarre

Hi Peterp& Co.

I hope this image will help the analysis.

peterp

A fantasy product, I'm afraid. This is not anything traditional. It could even be that this was not painted in China. The decoration does not look like a regular picture of the three friends of winter. I would think that most people in the Far East would know how bamboo looks, really, and would paint it in a more natural way.

shelley Kong

It's funnu that I am nearly 90% accurate when judging if something is Chinese or not. And when I make the mistake of saying something is not Chinese, the object turns out to be Chinese export porcelain.

Aarre

Yes! I too was ready to swear, this is not a Chinese vase, but it is :) .... this vase is shipped out from China in April 2014, and under the bottom of an export permit stamp in the year 1921., I do not think that it has been transported to China in the past ;)

Anyway, the object is now the Material Inspection and await with interest the analysis, the article of manufacture purpose I have not received yet any good answer, I think I get one later. Who knows even if Skifi ;)

Aarre

three frend...

http://www.britishmuseum.org/research/collection_online/collection_object_details/collection_image_gallery.aspx?partid=1&assetid=389089&objectid=3181338

Stan

Hi Aarre, shipped out from china in april 2014 and under the bottom an export permit, I am confused, dose that mean that the permit was issued in 1921 and  then never exported or dose that mean that it was exported and brought back, or dose that mean that they finally exported it in 2014, well any way the last I checked, China is not exporting any of their antique any more, any thing that is 50 years and older can not be exported anymore.

peterp

Yes, that bamboo is right, but yours is like stars, there is no bamboo like that. Again an example how some people cannot see the subtle differences in painting.

Export permit? There were never export permits required until the PRC, so way into the second half of the 20th century anyway. However, if you are talking about a brown or red wax seal, that is issued to contemporary products too. The only thing it does is to let customs know that it can be exported. If the vase were from the period it tries to fake then it could not be exported - in other words there would be no permit. How about letting us a look at that too. Why do you not post bottom pictures and other details? Do you want to sell this as antique?