Novice with Chinese Mark questions?

Started by jwilson, Jul 28, 2014, 05:34:25

Previous topic - Next topic

jwilson

Hello all, I'm new here.  I found these beautiful bowls at a local thrift shop and have been trying to learn more about them.  I was hoping to maybe learn an age range, but I am very much a novice and have no clue what I am looking for even when viewing pictures online.  I hope to learn more as I found several other items I hope to be able to identify once I learn more.  However, these three are the bowls I was most interested in learning more about as I found several of each with these marks.  Thank you all for viewing my pictures!

Balcor

Image C (the top one) from my limited experience seems to be the Qianlong mark 1736-1795, hope that helps.

Qst42know

That mark looks stamped on to me. All the ink seems to surround what should be brush strokes. You will have to wait for an expert opinion though.

peterp

Two Qianlong marks (six and four characters) and a factory mark. All are 20th century. I would think second quarter, perhaps, the factory mark could be later. This is based on type of mark only, or their usage in the 20th century.
Please note that such items are still being made.