Unknown provenance of bowl

Started by yontan, Jun 29, 2020, 07:46:47

Previous topic - Next topic

yontan

I have had this bowl for quite a while, and have no idea if it is Japanese or Chinese.  It is 8 inches across at the top, and 3 1/2 inches high.  It is in great shape.  There are two marks on the bottom.  I think the two characters in the square are signatures, while the bamboo (?) motif is the producer?  Help.  Approximate age would be good, too.

konniela

Japan is right, 20.century in my eyes, but I am not able to say the exact producer ore age, I think, more second half 20.century 

yontan

Thanks very much.  That is definitely some help.

peterp

The seal type mark and the characters below the bamboo are the same. Cannot read/find the second character, however  Might be a Kanji that  is used only ub Japanese. Yes, the item looks pretty new.

yontan

Again, thank you both for your help.  By pretty new, do you mean within the last 10 years? Or do you mean sometime between WWII and now?

peterp

Probably in the last few decades, judging by the pristine look of the bottom. Let's see if Stan knows the manufacturer.

yontan

Stan

Hi, sorry I thought I responded to this blog, I must have forgot to post it. I looked for the mark in my books and online, I could not find any information, but the mark and decoration look recent in my view not more that a few decades at the most.