Started by thanh trinh, Apr 04, 2020, 11:03:41

Previous topic - Next topic

thanh trinh

Hello Peter and everyone!
Can you guys pls help me to translate these Chinese inscriptions
Thanks so much
Thanh Trinh

peterp

Hi, I'm sorry but I do not want to translate all this, because it is useless. Said in short this relates to the Yongzheng reign and wants to give the impression that this is imperial. It is not.
The outer text circle simply says that this 'valuable' item was made under the supervision of Tang Ying, the overseer of the imperial kiln in Zhushan (Jingdezhen).

I have seen several of these items with this type of markings on the bottom. The colors they used and the bottom  proved that they all were only recently made items . Much too far from Yongzheng, and the seal marks are odd too.  The foot rim could also not be of that period.

General remark:
I would like to recommend to anyone wanting to collect Yongzheng items, it is best to stick to export porcelain or items of lower quality but made for domestic use. Genuine high quality items of the Yongzheng reign that were NOT made for export are extremely difficult to get by, and they seem to be very expensive. This reign is best known for its fencai wares, but even quality fencai wares at a reasonable price can only be found in export wares. But do not expect them to have Yongzheng reign marks. My personal view...

thanh trinh

Thanks so much, Peter!
I've got more experiences
Thanh Trinh