Blue and white dragon plate

Started by heavenguy, Dec 12, 2019, 07:45:28

Previous topic - Next topic

heavenguy

sorry I posted the collection of plates first.

By the way, if you want to switch servers, count me in if you want to create some type of funding.

peterp

Thanks for your offer! At the moment I am mostly concerned with the quality of service which is difficult to estimate unless one has used a host. Funding is a concern, though in the long term... :-)

As to the plate below, the dragons have four claws and a slightly rounded tail tip. Based on that I would think it is likely early in the 19th century, perhaps about Daoguang reign, in my view.
The mark Chengheyuan-ji is a shop or workshop mark. Might have been for export tp SE Asia, but not sure. This is a more Chinese style decoration that could be as well have been used in China itself.

heavenguy

Hi Peterp, Thank you for the reply and sorry it to so long for mine. Thank you very much for your answer it helps a lot. Still learning the ups and downs of collecting Chinese porcelain. I think most of us will be lost without your valuable help.

I know subscription based doesn't work as it should but I'll keep an eye if you ever need help. If you found a new solution, please let us know, I'll be the first in line to help.