Ming?

Started by Kenny Kumala, Sep 11, 2018, 16:42:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny Kumala

Hi Peter,

this is another piece of my collection, do you have any idea what is it?

Kenny

peterp

It's a fake. Monochrome items of this type virtually never have such marks, or any marks at all. The outer rim shape does also not look right.

Kenny Kumala

So they put some marks, and hope it is look more virgins.... hehehehe

Kenny Kumala

Hi Peter,

But sometimes, I thinnk, I bought the fake one for 10-50 US, and it's real for the cost production? so what they earn from the fakes ware?

Kenny

peterp

Two or three decades ago many people in China earned only some USD100 per month, as far as I know. Cost is/was much lower than elsewhere. They now mass produce cheap fakes, but quality ones are more expensive and few because it is more time consuming and expensive. 99% of Chinese "antiques" on the market in the Far East are assumedly fakes or more recent products.

Kenny Kumala

Hi Peter,

are they still produced fake in this time, which the standard living in china and else where are similar? example, we can buy some fake/imitation in "aliexpress", but the price are 300-700 US. so are the middleeast not mention this?

peterp

I would not buy anything on Aliexpress/Taobao, most of these items are new. It is forbidden to export most antiques of 100 years or older from China. With some even trading them within China is not allowed. Virtually all so-called antiques offered on the Internet from China are fakes. They wouldn't be able to export them legally anyway...