Yuan Dynasty, Longquan faceted octagonal stemcup decorated with biscuit figures

Started by Anthony, Jun 01, 2014, 00:30:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Longquan celadon faceted octagonal stemcup decorated with eight biscuit figures (possibly represent eight immortals)
Yuan Dynasty?
Reference for a similar cup without stem may be found at: (Christie's New York, Sale 1689, Lot 479, 11 July 2006)

Note: To administrator of this site; I have difficulty uploading pictures.

Stan

same here, what I do is chop the photo, using photo shop to minimize size.

peterp

There are image restrictions in place. Images should be kept within 800 pixel, more than 100kB, but if possible below than 250kB. That is sufficient to show small details, normally.
This is an image heavy site and larger images will quickly fill the database space and slow down loading time.

Anthony

This is one of the best site online to search, to learn, to appreciate and to understand Chinese ceramics. For beginners, without pictures to show them genuine versus reproduction; even with thousand words - it is difficult for anyone to imagine what a real artifact should look like. A clear picture with higher pixel would do better, I think. In detailed, one can learn faster. Most beginners have few or none hand on experience.  I praise for people who search, but I think hand on experience learns more. I have hundred of pictures from my collection that I would like share, but I don't think that would be possible for this site.

Qst42know

Infranview is free software that is pretty easy to use. Just select resize/resample. Open the file you wish to adjust. Select a percentage of original size. "Select save as" so you keep the original, rename file as resized. And your ready to send.