Any comment about this beautiful vase

Started by manny, May 28, 2014, 05:38:33

Previous topic - Next topic

manny

A beautiful vase, I fund one that  look the same but is in a museum and cost a lot of money any way this vase is old as the ream is the painting is hand painted and the mark is hand painted under the glaze still the chinese can copy anything especially their own any comment

peterp

Hand painting is no sign that something is really old. Even now porcelain and many other things are hand painted, in China. I'm afraid that the brown foot rim is a sign of age faking. If you can wash the colour off, then you could upload new, closeup pictures of the bottom.

manny

Hi peterp, thank for the comment , like I said I know the chinese can copy anything and I also know, even the best of expert can be fooled and ended they where fooled many times . well I did try to rub it off, but it did not go and I can see with a magnifying glass it look as it's part of it, just like the painting. What about the inside? cause it look like a glass, I can see the painting  from the inside I can even see my fingers in part of it, is that say something about quality ? and the marking under the glaze? the ones I know usually on top of the glaze, but this one is under it ? well I'm learning fast on this chinese  as my knowledge on european porcelain is much better.

manny

Hi peterp I have new pictures to show you have a look at the bottom

peterp

I'm afraid the foot rim and base, especially the mark, look new. Color of foot rim shows signs of age faking. The double ring of the mark is too regular for the period. My personal view...

manny

Thank you for your opinion I appreciate any idea . well first I did try to clean the base as you said, I even used bleach before I take the closer picture, if that was new sure it will have gone second , someone said that mark could be apocryphal if it's the case that would not make it new it will still be antique . I know the best judgment ,will be by someone who can see it closer in his hand .