Kanxgi bowl or a ugly fake???

Started by heavenguy, Dec 07, 2017, 05:20:15

Previous topic - Next topic

heavenguy

There is another  estate in the middle of the week here... Found this weird looking peach bloom bowl. Price is not bad if real... Any ideas??? The foot rim kind of bothers me but I have seen some similar looking ones around. not really sure about this one.

peterp

It is impossible to tell anything without an image of the bottom.

heavenguy

I don't know why, is creating a double topic every time I put this images on this topic...

peterp

Got it... so these show the same item.

Not Kangxi and not a rice bowl with such a base. I have doubts that it is Chinese at all because the clothing of the men. But I do not know if the Japanese would paint water buffaloes as they do not have any. Any other suggestions?

heavenguy

I wonder if this was done for a foreign market or it was done in some other place. I know that the Water Buffalo is a domesticated animal in many Southeast Asian Countries. But this combination of B/W and peach bloom color is what intrigues me. The plate looks old but the foot rim is nothing Chinese, especially the clothing that you mention.

I don't know if they made peach bloom in some other country like in Thailand or another Southeast Asian Country.?

heavenguy

oh and about the foot rim, I saw a few similar ones on major auction houses but none in a bowl like this. Kangxi, is a subject that I'm really afraid since it is so wide in foot rims, shapes and colors...