Bowl with phesants

Started by Stobaksov, May 15, 2014, 10:13:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Stobaksov

Hi, colleagues. Tell me, please, what is written on the stamp of this bowl. And your opinion, 1960-70? Thank you.

peterp

I recommend  this site: watersilkdragon.wordpress.com/ for later or 20th century Chinese marks. May be the site has details regarding the manufacturing time.

Stobaksov

Thank you for the aiming.

shelley Kong

The characters sya" imitating Qian Qianlong" but Qian was wrongl written for a similar word. So the person writing this makes a fundamental mistake in Chinese. My question is: Does a mistake in the mark mean the article is fake?

peterp

I did not even note that until you mentioned it. As the first character is already meaning "imitation"... to me this is something new or relatively new.
I do not consider something a fake until it closely copies an item, and tries to give the impression that it is the real thing.

shelley Kong

Peter,
My question is : If the mark is wrongly written, does it mean automatically the item is not of high quality? I can't imagine an imperial piece with a wrong character. It would have been destroyed. Or the court would not have appointed an uneducated person to paint the mark on a piece of imperial porcelain. Is my reasoning correct?

Stan

The overall piece states that it is modern, for example, it is printed, and looks like chemical colors used and the overall decoration out line in a printed black line, would all point to the word that they used imitation, this bowl could not be more than 20 to 30 years if even that, in my view.

Stobaksov

Thank you all. Much information - you can break the head. Question to Shelley Kong - that is written on the stamp? Thank you again.