Need Help for identification!

Started by Max Kep, Nov 12, 2017, 13:00:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Kep

Need Help for identification
I have a plate and I think it is of the Yuan dynasty, the plate has been dug out in Cambodia few years ago. I kindly ask you to help to determine marking, the age and the possible price of this object.
Thanks.
A bit later I would like to ask you to help me identify other wares found at the same place.

Stan

The mark is Wan Yu, Jade trinket, marks like these were from the Kangxi to Qianlong, but from these photo's it is hard to tell the decoration looks a little sloppy and the photo's of the bottom are not clear or close enough to tell, if you could post close up photo's of the bottom foot at an angle to see the foot more clearly, it looks like it is straight up if it is it would be a later copy.

peterp

Did the seller tell you it is Yuan? I'm afraid this is late Qing dynasty, Guangxu reign, at the best. May be later. Depicted are parts of a dragon, and clouds. The tip of the tail is much too thick.
Even if it was excavated, it could have been a long time in the soil, judging by the look of it.

Max Kep

Thanks for the answers. I will try to explain. All products were underground hermetically closed, water and air couldn't get there. This is what finally happened with metal after those years at the same conditions. Ceramics almost do not show its age. All the wares are in good condition.

Max Kep

Here are the zoomed photos of the plate.

Max Kep

Max Kep

peterp

These pictures show the age better. And the blue color and painting could seems right for late Qing dynasty; but still, this has nothing to do with Yuan.
It is not usual to see, for example, only a foot or a head of the dragon on domestic Chinese porcelain. With that I mean you will find a dragon partially hidden in clouds, but it is only partially hidden. Here fewer areas are visible and the dragon's shape is difficult to see.
I would look at the possibility that this is Bleu de Hu? (export to Vietnam). They have different designs and sometimes the dragon's body and tail were thick.