Blue and white plate

Started by heavenguy, Mar 20, 2016, 05:16:29

Previous topic - Next topic

heavenguy

Hello,

I bought a small collection of Chinese plates. They seem old to me, but I'm letting the images tell my finding.

It was from a person who had a small collection of Chinese porcelain stuff. there is 3 plates a bowl and a cup. I'm showing just one of the plates so if this is a fake or something like this I know what to expect of the rest.

I had a hard time taking pics with natural light. The plate white has sort of a bluish tint to it and one the rim the blue turns more grayish in color.

thank you in advance.

heavenguy

I forgot to ask. IS it normal to find characters like writing on some of the items? Cause I have found some pieces were they carve or they do something to the plate and they put Chinese characters onto them.

heavenguy

oh also the plate is about 6 inches in diameter. I thought that this plates were bigger in size..

Hmm

I have two similar plates, and posted them on here several months ago.  If I remember right these are kitchen qing plates, probably made in the first half of the 19th century.  Because there's some piling on it, they are probably Dehua plates.  The character stenciled on the plate is likely the name of the owner of the plate itself, since kitchens for poorer folk often had e.g. communal kitchens. 

heavenguy

Thank you hmm. I can find similar ones like your descriptions. for what I can read or understand they are pretty common.

I will attach the rest of the similar plates maybe they are from the same era. I will add them to the same post so I don't make newer posts for something that can be the same thing.

the second plate has a weird mark I never seen on a plate before. It still has the same type of blueish tone to the white. and 7 1/3 in diameter.

heavenguy

The third is a little different.  in the design and mark but still almost 6 inches in diameter.

Thank you in advance.

peterp

These plates/dishes have been made over a long time.
First from bottom has Jiaqing mark, the second seems to be a republic mark. The top one is a Lingzhi (fungus) decoration with a Yongzheng mark.