Have old (?) Chinese Ceramics and need any & all info!

Started by nifog, Feb 23, 2016, 00:32:40

Previous topic - Next topic

nifog

Hi there,

The organization I work for has (what we believe to be) Chinese ceramics and would love some more information on them-- they're not in great condition and we're trying to figure out if it's worth getting them restored/patched up. Any info or thoughts would be much appreciated!

I've attached a few pictures but there are more detailed larger ones on our Flickr account (not spam I promise!), would really appreciate if anyone could check them out. We have what seems to be a serving dish, two similar vase-type things, a large shallow bowl/serving dish, and a large bowl.

Link to Flickr Album: www.flickr.com/gp/101385796@N02/A849D0

peterp

The bowl is late Qing dynasty. The plate would require larger pictures showing both the top and underside, to verify if it is late 18th or early 19th century. Both are not high quality wares. I believe the cost of restoration may not be worthwhile, or perhaps only for the bowl. The plates are not expensive.

The vase looks European.

Teunis van Eijk

The vase could be Delft earthenware. Earthenware always has the chips on the footrim that come loose easily and it showes the porous clay material.