Buyers beware

Started by Stan, Mar 22, 2014, 22:02:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

Just a little word to the wise, when you make your next purchase for Chinese Antique Porcelain, check out the Porcelain that is coming from China on Ebay, more than likely you will find it there for a lot cheaper and they say that it is old to, but if I am not mistaken porcelain that is over 100 years old can not be taken out of China anymore, and our market is being flooded with good fakes.
Over 30 years ago I started collecting Chinese snuff bottles, back then I never heard of fakes, I collected them because of their history and artistic looks, everyone seemed different, but then the market was flooded with fakes and the snuff bottles became not as valuable, unless it is Imperial or something special, but the facts remain that I lost interest because of all the fakes, I hate to say it but new Chinese Porcelain is coming in so fast into the market and they are really good fakes they are even fooling the experts, so again I say look and see what you can buy on ebay next time, you might even like the one that is coming from China better and it will probably even look older.