Qianlong Mark

Started by quintenf, Sep 10, 2015, 23:22:33

Previous topic - Next topic

quintenf

Hello,

I have a question about these marks. Can somebody tell me if these are from the Qianlong period or if they are from the 20th century? Thanks allready for the help!  there are three vases decorated with polychrome overglaze.

heavenguy

im kind of new to this but the foot rim is not common in antique porcelain... also the made in China sticker say its modern.

peterp

quintenf

Thanks for the replies, could you pleasr tell how you know its 20th century so quick? Ofcourse there is the made in china sticker, but a sticker can be put on and taken off. I would really like to get more experienced in recognizing, so it would help me a lot if you could say how you recognized this vase as 20th century.

peterp

The foot rim shape tells it. And, with the Chinese mark, that is an apocryphal mark widely used in the 20th century... for decoration only.

heavenguy

Quintef, learning to collect and buying Chinese antiques its quite a journey. It's not an easy road but its really a fun one. You will make many mistakes like some of us and buy lots of fakes before you can identify real Antique Chinese porcelain by yourself. Some people will even sell you "real" antiques and still be fakes. But don't let that let you down.

I started by buying the ebook on this website: http://www.chinese-antique-porcelain.com. It has some really nice information on porcelain and memorize the images and information. Then I started buying books online and get my personal library. I also bought some catalogues from famous auction houses so I can memorize the images, shapes and designs of all the eras... Look especially at the foot rims and the most common shapes and colors of each era. Don't trust most websites online. Just do your research from reputable auction houses, museums, and books. memorizing is the key. Also common sense its part of the deal. For example, who will put a sticker a recent "made in China" sticker in an antique? I hope this information helps you in some way or another... Good luck!!!