pinhole chinese porcelain

Started by Ruud, May 06, 2015, 17:26:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruud

Very interested to hear your opinion on this very interesting chinese cup.

Stan

These photos are not sufficient enough to tell what it is, they are blurry and the photos should show the hole piece and the bottom and closeups of the decoration would be great.

Ruud

The actual size is only ca. 2,7 cm. What you see on the image are fine bubbles of the glaze.
The discouloring around the pinhole should say something about the age do not you think so?
If you are interested in more images let me have your e-mail.

Stan

The photo's are blurry and I can not make out any pinholes, the photos should be taken in natural sun light for best pictures. Post good photo's on photo bucket.com and then post the link here for all to see, thanks.

peterp

There is no shortcut way evaluating an item's authenticity or age by a partial picture. Almost all of this can be fake today (including the bubbles) and multiple factors need to be taken into consideration, especially the bottom. FYI, all fine bubbles is often hinting to later items.

Ruud

Thank you I am aware there is no shortcut. Chenghua porcelain is known for its fine silky glaze with even fine bubbles as you surely will know.