Beautiful Bubbles...

Started by Penny, Mar 26, 2015, 11:44:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny

Dear Members. I am new and very new in Chinese porcelain but I have been collecting other collectable for a while like coins ,stamp, vintage, antique etc. I would like to share what I found in porcelain, these images are from a baker style vase. It is white with blue colour paint and the bubbles are very interesting and such beautiful. They are evenly spread out from the entire surface! Any input and comment are very welcome. Are bubbles like these are very common ?

Stan

The under glazed blue looks printed.

Penny

Thank you for the comment that is one of the area i like to get into it as well.

peterp

You better upload pictures of the whole item and base.

Stan

Hi Peter, do you think it could be from the Qianlong period, I know that they used dots to out line there decoration sometimes. the dots seemed to systematic, I could be wrong.

Penny

Thank you guys. I try to upload more images but the system wouldn't let me. However Peter can you make any comment from those images such as the bubbles are they common? old or new kiln? I will try to find other way to up load more pictures, Thanks again!

peterp

We should not discuss bubbles without seeing the whole item first. Bubbles may or may not be visible, depending on era, and they look differently.
What you want to do seems to be deciding if the item is an authentic antique because of the presence of the bubbles. That is not possible. Only evaluating the whole will do.

To Stan: I think the darker spots appear as a result of the numerous bubbles. Bubbles do diffuse the light and make the outlines, the area between blue and white, less sharp. It can happen that all bubbles are all uniform, as seems to be the case here, but we also need to take into account that bubbles are found in some fakes too.

We have always to consider multiple factors for evaluating authenticity.